Business is ready to take a stand on corruption. Join over 250 companies and investors worldwide who have already signed onto the Call to Action, an appeal from business to governments to address corruption and foster systems of good governance.
Why should your company sign the Call to Action?
- Demonstrate leadership on integrity issues
- Gain a competitive advantage in attracting sustainability-minded investors, employees and consumers
- Create a level playing field that encourages fair competition in the marketplace
- Contribute to the implementation and enforcement of anti-corruption laws and regulations
What does the Call to Action ask governments to do?
- Fully implement and enforce the tenets of the UN Convention against Corruption by strengthening anti-corruption policies, laws and enforcement mechanisms to create a level playing field and incentivize good behavior
- Make a commitment to reduce corruption risks from procurement and contract processes of large-scale projects that are designed to support sustainable development
- Commit to engaging in competitive and transparent procurement processes through public advertising of all Government procurement cases
- Achieve greater transparency in relation to revenues received by Governments from private sector companies
- Support corporate efforts to enhance anti-corruption implementation, corporate governance, innovative collective action, and public-private partnership initiatives
How can my company sign the Call to Action?
- Write a letter stating the company’s support of the Call to Action and its commitment to prevent corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery. View a sample statement of support.
- Have letter signed by a C-suite level executive or Board Member responsible for corporate governance
- Send signed letter to email@example.com
What happens after signing the Call to Action?
- The Call to Action will be shared with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and all UN Ambassadors to reaffirm the private sector’s commitment to collaborate and end corruption
- Global Compact Local Networks will disseminate locally to spread awareness among national governments
- The Call to Action will be presented at various international events to highlight anti-corruption and effective governance as fundamental pillars of sustainable development. Key events to include:
- Global Compact+15: Business as a force for good
- Conference of the States Parties to the UN Convention against Corruption
- Other UN and intergovernmental meetings and events
How can my company share its participation and encourage others to get involved?
Eliminating corruption requires collective action by all stakeholders. By signing this Call to Action, you are not only encouraging governments to take action on corruption, you are also inspiring other companies to follow your lead. Here are some ways your company’s commitment will be featured:
- Your company will be publicly listed as a signatory on the Call to Action document that will be shared with UN and government officials worldwide
- Your company will be featured on a list of signatories on the UN Global Compact’s website
- Your company is encouraged to promote its involvement on your own website and social media accounts by using the hashtag #BizAgainstCorruption and the thumbnail