Putting a price on carbon can encourage low-carbon growth and lower greenhouse gas emissions. More and more, business leaders are standing up in support of a price on carbon. Already, nearly 40 national and 20 sub-national jurisdictions are already participating or preparing for a carbon price. The UN Global Compact calls on companies to set an internal price at a minimum of $100 per metric ton over time.
You can join them. Become a Carbon Pricing Champion and help us shift investment toward a clean energy economy.
Are you a Carbon Pricing Champion?
Champion companies commit to:
- Set an internal carbon price high enough to materially affect investment decisions to drive down greenhouse gas emissions
- Publicly advocate the importance of carbon pricing through policy mechanisms that take into account country-specific economies and policy contexts
- Communicate on progress over time on the two criteria above in public corporate reports.
If you’re ready to become a Carbon Pricing Champion:
- Submit a signed letter stating your company’s alignment and commitment to the criteria. View a sample letter of support.
- Send the signed letter with your company’s logo to email@example.com.