The UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights is convening the fourth annual Forum on Business and Human Rights to take stock of challenges and discuss ways to further scale up the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. The Forum will focus on strengthening multi-stakeholder dialogue and engagement, measuring and reporting on human rights, the importance of national action plans to implement the Guiding Principles, access to effective remedy, and identifying current and good practices of States and business.
Ahead of the Forum, the Global Compact and partners from the business community have released a statement in support of implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights as an important contribution to sustainable development and advancing the SDGs. Click here to view the statement.
Global Compact related events at the Forum include:
- 16 Nov at 4:40 pm: Working together to promote due diligence and protect workers’ rights during recruitment
- 16 Nov at 4:40 pm: Effective company-level grievance mechanisms
- 16 Nov at 6:00 pm: Briefing and Reception for Business Representatives (RSVP to: email@example.com)
- 17 Nov at 1:30 pm: Sustainable Fashion: Empowering women in Africa’s Fashion Industry
- 18 Nov at 8:20 am: Respecting children’s rights – Tools and Approaches to Fight Child Labour