How do companies participate in the UN Global Compact?
As a voluntary initiative, the UN Global Compact seeks wide participation from a diverse group of businesses. As a participant in the Global Compact, a company:
- Sets in motion changes to business operations so that the UN Global Compact and its principles become part of strategy, culture and day-to-day operations;
- Is expected to publicly advocate the UN Global Compact and its principles via communications vehicles such as press releases, speeches, etc; and
- Is required to communicate with their stakeholders on an annual basis about progress in:
- Implementing the Ten Principles and
- Efforts to support societal priorities.
The Communication on Progress (CoP) is a visible expression of your commitment to sustainability and your stakeholders can view it on your company’s profile page. Companies that fail to report or to meet the criteria over time may be removed from the initiative.
There are a number of ways that companies can take action to embed corporate sustainability into their DNA. Find out what you can do.