Target Gender Equality is a gender equality accelerator programme for participating companies of the UN Global Compact. Through facilitated performance analysis, capacity building workshops, peer-to-peer learning and multi-stakeholder dialogue at the country-level, Target Gender Equality will support companies engaged with the UN Global Compact in setting and reaching ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership across business, at all levels.
Companies participating in Target Gender Equality have the opportunity to deepen implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles and strengthen their contribution to SDG 5.5, which calls for equal women representation, participation and leadership in business globally. Companies will be equipped with the latest data and research supporting the business case for gender equality and gain insights from UN partners and experts on how to accelerate progress on gender equality.
- Understand your current gender equality performance through facilitated use of the WEPs Gender Gap Analysis Tool, identifying strengths and areas where further action can be taken
- Engage in accelerated learning opportunities specific to your country context to strengthen women’s representation and leadership in your business
- Participate in the Global Exchange Workshop during the Commission on the Status of Women to connect with industry peers, UN partners and global experts on the latest research, data and cutting-edge strategies to fast-tracking progress on SDG 5.5 (March 2020, New York City)
- Join forces with business peers and other stakeholders to tackle persistent barriers to gender equality
- Confidently set ambitious and realistic corporate targets for gender equality in your business
- Build a network of peers, UN partners and experts to support your gender equality strategy
- Demonstrate commitment and action to increase women’s representation and leadership in your business to your employees, partners, peers, investors and other stakeholders
- Showcase your company’s commitment to gender equality and profile women in your organization that are driving business success, sustainability and contribution to the SDGs