The UN Global Compact Africa Strategy has three objectives to accelerate and scale up sustainability impact in Africa. We will:
- focus on the largest economic centers and companies in Africa for their ability to drive impact throughout their value chains.
- include companies of all sizes and sectors - legacy and emerging - in all parts of the Continent, and; ]
- leverage the influence of associations for their collective affiliations, supply chains for their holistic coverage of value creation, and sources of capital for their power to influence principles-oriented business practices.
The UN Global Compact will offer customized programs that cater to the needs of African companies of all sizes, prioritizing five thematic areas: Gender Equity, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Climate Action, Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions and Partnerships.
Several impactful delivery mechanisms ensure that Global Compact participating companies gain necessary knowledge and tools to adopt the Ten Principles and SDGs.
- The Academy of the UN Global Compact offers training and master classes to provide participating companies with the knowledge and skills they need to meet their sustainability objectives.
- Think Labs serve as incubators for future-oriented programs and themes and provide thought leadership for the ambition of the Global Compact.
- Accelerators help companies make rapid progress on specific sustainability goals in their operating context.
- Peer learning groups bring together companies and stakeholders to share best practices and challenges on an ongoing basis at the global, regional, and local levels.
- Policy advocacy enables companies to support policy development and ambitious local action.
- Events connect participants and stakeholders across programs and ecosystems.