Asia & Oceania - Local Networks Regional Meeting
Caring for Climate Business Forum
17th Anti-Corruption Working Group Meeting
The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities in its New York office. The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives: (1) making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and (2) facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- conduct research relating to the topic of corporate citizenship, especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate citizenship topics;
- support the organization of meetings and events;
- assist with outreach activities;
- handle email and other inquiries;
- assist in the implementation of the Global Compact’s integrity measures;
- perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Learn more about the specific internship opportunities available with the Global Compact.
Duration and Period
Internships with the UN Global Compact are available for a duration of three to six months. The timing of internships is flexible. We encourage candidates to apply for the following sessions:
- Summer / Fall: August to November (with a possible extension to December)
- Winter / Spring: January to May (with a possible extension to June)
Please note that internships at UN Headquarters are unpaid. Interns must therefore be able to cover their costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a degree programme in a graduate school (second university degree or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship; or
- Applicants pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages must have completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree.
Learn more about the eligibility criteria for internships with UN headquarters.
How to Apply
Those interested in pursuing an internship with the UN Global Compact must submit an online application at the UN Careers website.
Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to the “Search Job Openings” section and select “Internship” under the Category field, and “New York” under the Duty Station field. Click on the Search button. This will lead you to a list of various internship openings. You will need to search for the UN Global Compact internship by Job Opening ID Number.
For Winter 2016, the Global Compact Internship Job Opening Number is 50332. Candidates are strongly recommended to pay attention to the job opening number to make sure that their applications reach the UN Global Compact Office.
After you have completed this application, please notify the Global Compact Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure that your name is placed on the list of potential candidates.
The application deadlines for upcoming sessions are as below:
Winter 2016 (January to June 2016): Applications accepted from 4 November 2015 to 15 December 2015.
Due to the large number of applications received, only accepted interns will be notified a few weeks before the beginning of the session or within 4 weeks after each session's application deadline.