Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Third International Financing for Development Conference
2015 China Summit on Caring for Climate
New York, United States of America
United Nations Private Sector Forum 2015
The Local Network Advisory Group (LNAG) was created in order to provide the UN Global Compact Office with advice and guidance on matters of importance to all Local Networks. The Advisory Group is also a key conduit for Local Networks (LNs) to raise ideas and concerns with the Global Compact Office in a systematic way.
The Advisory Group consists of 7 regionally representative members from the Americas, Africa, Eastern Europe, MENA, South, -Central and North Asia, South-East Asia and the Pacific, and Western Europe. Members are elected every two years by the LNs from their regions during the Annual Local Networks Forum (ALNF). The Head of the Local Networks is an ex-officio member of the group. The Advisory Group members will be from – and elected by – LNs that have a current signed MOU with the Global Compact Office and that have a clear governance structure.
The elected LNAG members nominate the Chair from among group members. The Chair occupies the ex officio Local Network role on the Global Compact Board. The Chair, to be selected at the ALNF, will hold the position for 1 year and can be re-selected for a second year.
The Global Compact Local Networks team is the secretariat of the LNAG.
Current members of the LNAG:
- Africa Representative – Vacant until the next LNAG elections to be held in June 2015
- Americas Representative – Ms. Margarita Ducci, Global Compact Network Chile
- Eastern Europe Representative – Mr. Yilmaz Arguden, Global Compact Network Turkey
- MENA Representative – Vacant until the next LNAG elections to be held in June 2015
- South-Central Asia Representative – Mr. Fasihul Siddiqi, Global Compact Network Pakistan
- South-East Asia and the Pacific Representative – Mr. Y.W. Junardy, Global Compact Network Indonesia
- Western Europe Representative – Mr. Steve Kenzie, Global Compact Network United Kingdom
Current Chair of the LNAG: Mr.Yilmaz Arguden, Global Compact Network Turkey
Deputy Chair of the LNAG: Mr. Steve Kenzie, Global Compact Network United Kingdom