Through action-oriented collaboration, LEAD aims to:
- Challenge and support leading companies to fully integrate sustainability into core business and operations;
- Foster close collaboration with investors, business schools and UN agencies, and facilitate proactive engagement with governments, NGOs and other key stakeholders;
- Leverage the UN and UN Global Compact’s unique position to provide responsible business leaders with the opportunity to help shape the ever-evolving expectations of corporate sustainability;
- Provide leadership, inspiration and examples of good practices to the broader universe of UN Global Compact participants and Local Networks.
By joining LEAD, companies commit to implement the Blueprint for Corporate Sustainability Leadership and to share related outcomes and learnings. LEAD companies support the initiative’s activities through an annual contribution and commit to the following:
1. Participate actively in one or more UN Global Compact LEAD projects;
2. Demonstrate leadership within one or more of the UN Global Compact’s issue platforms
3. Demonstrate local leadership in one or more Global Compact Local Networks; and
4. Submit a Communication on Progress (COP) at the Advanced Level of the COP Differentiation Programme.