Research shows that increasing women’s representation on corporate boards improves business outcomes in multiple ways, ranging from increased revenues and profits to strengthened ESG performances. Nevertheless, progress has been alarmingly slow. In 2018, women held approximately 17% of all corporate board seats worldwide and 20% of Fortune Global 200 companies have all-male boards. The Target Gender Equality programme of the UN Global Compact calls for all companies to set and meet ambitious targets for women’s representation and leadership, including at the board level. During this session, leading experts will answer your questions on how to move from commitment to action and break down the barriers that women face in accessing leadership roles and board seats in the private sector.
- Ann Dennison, Senior Vice President and incoming CFO, Nasdaq
- Irene Natividad, Chair, Corporate Women Directors International
- Jeremy Awori, CEO, Absa Bank Kenya
- Loty Salazar, Corporate Governance Officer & Lead, Women on Boards and in Business Leadership, IFC (World Bank Group)
- Melsa Ararat, Board Member, Global Compact Network Turkey; Director, Sabanci University Corporate Governance Forum; Global Advisory Board Member, 30% Club
- Why board diversity is critical to business performance and sustainability
- How to set, meet and stay accountable to ambitious targets
- How an intersectional lens can be used to bring women of diverse backgrounds with differing identities and abilities to the table
- How increased government and investor expectations, as well as stock exchange listing requirements, are incentivizing business to prioritize board diversity
- Diverse examples of strategies that companies have adopted to secure parity on boards and ensure that women’s perspectives are equally valued in decision-making
Target Audience: This webinar is open to all. Board Members, including Chairs of Nominating and Governance Committees, as well as Corporate Secretaries and General Counsels are encouraged to join.
Spanish and Portuguese instantaneous translation will be available during this session.