A Call to Action for Sustainable Businesses
Organized jointly by the United Nations Global Compact and Global Compact Network Canada, Making Global Goals Local Business – Canada is a two-day business sustainability summit that will bring together Canadian businesses leaders, sustainability professionals, government officials, impact-driven entrepreneurs, NGO leaders, and the United Nations to catalyze collective action and accelerate progress on the UN Global Compact’s Ten Principles and the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) here in Canada.
Key themes that will be covered:
- Business innovation for sustainability
- Role of the Canadian C-Suite in advancing the SDGs
- Public-private partnerships for climate action
- Gender equality in the workplace
- Smart Cities and the UN 2030 Agenda
This summit will serve as a platform for leaders in the Canadian private sector and government officials to foster multi-stakeholder dialogues, catalyze new partnerships, and explore innovative approaches to build a more progressive and sustainable Canadian private sector.
Why should you attend?
• Hear from top Canadian C-suites and corporate sustainability leaders on their perspectives and lessons learned in achieving high innovation & sustainability standards within their companies.
• Learn about initiatives, programs and resourcesavailable from the UN Global Compact that can help your company develop and advance its sustainability strategies and goals.
• Share your company’s vision, successes, and strategies in advancing corporate responsibility and sustainability.
• Demonstrate your company’s leadership and commitment to advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
• Engage in peer-to-peer learning to identify and address key challenges and seize opportunities that lie within the SDGs.
• Network with high-level business leaders, government representatives, NGO leaders, and other stakeholders working in sustainability and responsible business.
• Partner with current and future leaders who are working on exemplary SDG initiatives.
• Formulate customized SDG Action Plans that can be implemented locally at your company.
• Form SDG-focused working groups with Summit speakers and fellow delegates to further develop actionable solutions to sustainability challengesidentified.
Making Global Goals Local Business Summit 2019 Key Themes:
• The Risk of “SDG-Wash”: Effective measurement approaches and do’s & don’ts for companies
• Advancement of Technology and its impact on the Future of Work
DOORS OF OPPORTUNITIES
• Investing in the next generation of innovators to solve SDG challenges
• Public-private partnerships to fast-track zero carbon economic growth in Canada
Government, NGO, and academia: $595*
Group Discount Rates
Groups with 2 to 3 registrants: 15% off regular pricing.
Groups with 4 to 10 registrants: 25% off regular pricing.
UN Global Compact Signatories and Participants are eligible for 15% off regular pricing. Please email email@example.com to receive your discount code
*plus associated fees and taxes
Tickets are transferrable, please inform us if you would like to nominate a colleague to attend day 1 or day 2 in your place.
All ticket sales will end on Monday Sept 9th 2019 at 6am.
Learn more about the 2018 Canadian SDG Business Forum
On September 7 in Toronto business leaders came together at the Canadian SDG Business Forum for a day of innovation and collaboration towards the 17 Sustainable Development Goals for a more sustainable Canadian private sector.
Learn more about the 2018 Canadian Business SDG Forum
Thank you to our Sponsors
For any questions or comments about this Summit, please contact Yvonne Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org.