The 75th anniversary of the United Nations comes at a time of great disruption for the world, serving as a stark reminder that international cooperation across borders, sectors and generations must adapt to changing times.
Recognizing that we need global unity now more than ever, We the (business) peoples will:
- Work together in cooperation with Governments, civil society, young people and other stakeholders to rebound from the unparalleled threats we are facing — including global health, socio-economic, inequality and climate crises
- Support the role of the United Nations in bringing nations together to tackle the world’s biggest challenges
- Benefit from strengthened international cooperation and inclusive multilateralism, recognizing that supporting international agreements is in the best interest of companies and economies
- Uphold universal principles on human rights, labour rights, the environment and anti-corruption, aligned with UN standards
- Align with the 2030 Agenda, its 17 Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement as the agreed best path forward to the world we want, leaving no one behind
- Live up to our responsibility in building a more prosperous, inclusive and equitable world where all people and the planet can thrive
We recognize now is our generation’s opportunity to learn from the lessons of the past, realign behind the mission of the United Nations and steer our world onto a more sustainable, equitable and inclusive path.
We all have the same job — we are united in the business of a better world.