- Time period
- April 2007 – April 2008
Letter from the CEO:
Corporate responsibility is often considered a box ticking exercise; let me convince you otherwise. For EADS it is clearly not an inconvenient after thought. I am convinced that balancing economic performance with respect for the environment and stakeholders' interest at large, now and for the generations to come, will allow us to build a competitive advantage. Sustainable development is essential for delivering long-term value.
Corporate responsibility is, therefore, fundamental and we are committed to the following broad principles:
- Moving towards eco-efficiency and fostering development of the most advanced green technologies in our fields.
- Developing fruitful relationships with stakeholders, in particular customers, employees and suppliers, as reliable partners.
- Sustaining economic performance while promoting benchmark ethical standards.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery