- Time period
- January 2005 – December 2005
AREVA''s 2005 Activity and sustainable development report and the Sustainable development facts and figures are used to communicate progress to shareholders and others stakeholders. More specifically the 2005 sustainable development facts and figures report contains detailed information on the main objectives, the key 2005 achievements and the upcoming milestones in the social, societal and environmental areas.
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines are used as a framework for reporting. The reporting procedures have been checked by an independent auditor.
The adhesion to the Global Compact 10 principles is a keystone of AREVA sustainable development commitment. The facts and figures contains a correspondence table that highlights the actions connected to the 10 principles.
The annual report and the sustainable report have been put on line on AREVA internet site (www.areva.com) on which they can be downloaded or ordered.
AREVA is committed to continue to improve its sustainable development performance. It intends to use the communication on progress as an integral part of its continuous improvement process.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies