- Time period
- August 2007 – September 2008
As a responsible corporate citizen, Mega Corp makes efforts to positively impact the lives of Kenyans. The firms corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy statement and guidelines provide the framework through which it gives to various worthy community causes.
Mega Corps CSR programmes are premised on the need to conduct business in a socially acceptable and sustainable manner while taking into account the needs of stakeholders and the society at large.
The policy focuses on improvement of quality of life, particularly through promotion of the ten principles of the UN Global Compact and seeks to improve the quality of its products and services while running an administration striving for excellence with sustainability.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery