- Time period
- January 2003 – December 2003
AREVA''s 2003 annual report and sustainable development report are used to communicate progress to shareholders and others stakeholders. More specifically the 2003 sustainable development report contains detailed informations on the group approach and performances in the economic, social and environmental areas. A table highlights the main objectives, the key 2003 achievements and the upcoming milestones.
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines are used as a framework for reporting. The reporting procedures have been checked by an independant auditor.
The adhesion to the 9 principles of Global Compact is a keystone of AREVA sustainable development commitment. A correspondance table is appendixed to the report to facilitate the reading of the report as far as the 9 principles are concerned.
The annual report and the sustainable report have been put on line on AREVA internet site (www.areva.com) on which they can be downloaded or ordered.
AREVA is commited to continue to improve its sustainable development performance. It intends to use the communication on progress as an integral part of its continuous improvement process.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery