- Time period
- January 2003 – December 2003
The annual report 2003 deals with how Danfoss has handled its social and enviromental obligations in 2003, how employee conditions have developed and what activities have been implemented to live up to the Global Compact priciples.
One of the most important initiatives in 2003 was the implementation of a project to train selected purchasers in the principles of Global Compact. The training consists of six role-plays within the fields of human rights, labour rights and environment and is e-learning based. The training forms the basis for the purchasers to begin an evaluation of the first suppliers during 2004. The target is an evaluation of all of Danfoss'' major suppliers within a three-year period.
Another initiative was the Group''s cooperation with the Danish Human Rights Center. The cooperation was started to increase the knowledge of human rights and labour rights in selected countries. This has primarily resulted in the preparation of risk analyses of the countries in which the Group has manufacturing facilities. The analyses deal with the human rights and labour rights situation in the individual countries and describe issues that the Group should be aware of.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery