- Time period
- January 2006 – December 2006
Credit Suisses sustainability reporting activities illustrate how the bank applies its principles and fulfills its commitments. The banks sustainability reporting contains information about its commitment towards key stakeholder groups (employees, clients, society) and demonstrates how the company assumes its responsibilities towards the environment.
Credit Suisses sustainability reporting 2006 comprises several elements (www.credit-suisse.com/responsibility):
- The document "Milestones and Indicators 2006" summarizes the banks activities relating to the environment and society in 2006. It also provides an overview of key indicators.
- The website www.credit-suisse.com/responsibility provides information about international commitments and a wide variety of sustainability issues. It also contains links to special publications, articles and interviews dedicated to this topic.
- The Credit Suisse Business Review contains an overview of various sustainability-related activities in the chapter entitled "Credit Suisse Group in society" (www.credit-suisse.com/annualreporting).
Previous reports are available in an archive on the sustainability website.
In addition, Credit Suisse provides information about specific sustainability issues on a case-by-case basis through activities such as speeches and presentations, articles for client magazines, active participation in working groups and direct contact with individual stakeholder groups.
- Principles covered
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- English, German