- Time period
- January 2006 – December 2006
Tools & Media
Henkel has successfully produced and marketed brand-name products for more than 130 years. It is therefore fully aware that success depends on providing products and technologies that are precisely tailored to customers' wishes. This fundamental approach is equally relevant to the Company's communication with stakeholders.
We use a large number of communication instruments to satisfy the specific information needs of our stakeholders. We communicate detailed information and background material on the subject of sustainability through the Sustainability Report, the Internet and our intranet pages. Current events are published through press releases, consumer information channels or the employee newspaper.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery