- Time period
- September 2002 – September 2003
Our activities and objectives on the Global Compact principles are available on our website. Coloplast has reported its communication on process on the nine Global Compact principles to stakeholders in the annual report 02/03. In the report, Coloplast provides not only the activities in 2002/03 but also objectives for 2003/04 on each of the nine GC principles. For example, the environmental policy from 1996 was updated in April 2004 to reflect the Global Compact principles.
In accordance with the 8th principle (promote greater environmental responsibility), Coloplast has also upgraded its environmental management system to cover all manufacturing operations globally. The factory in China was ISO 14001 certified in April 2004 while the process is ongoing in the US, Costa Rica and Hungary. The Danish and German sites have been certified since 1997 and 1998 respectively. From 2006, all manufacturing facilities will be certified according to ISO14001 as well as OHSAS18001, the health and safety standard, and thereby Coloplast also respond to principle no. 1 of the Compact (protect and respect human rights).
As of 1st April 2004, Coloplast''s stakeholder communications are now settled in one department, creating an optimal environment for integrating the GC principles into the daily decision-making processes. A new manager of investor relations and corporate ethics is overall responsible for tracking organizational progress against the GC principles.
We believe, that satisfied employees, customers and business partners as well as good relationships with the societies in which we operate, are prerequisites for long-term financial performance.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies