- Time period
- January 2008 – December 2008
This CoP will be available on www.unglobalcompact.org and www.article13.com
We will also communicate the CoP to Article 13 employees, board members, clients, suppliers, associates and other members of the Article 13 network, as appropriate. This will be done by our internal electronic communication channels, and externally through our regular e-newsletter.
Other appropriate or interested stakeholders are informed via PowerPoint presentations given in face-to-face meetings, workshops or training programmes.
In addition, an abridged version of this report is made available on our website and for email despatch to relevant parties. This was first trialled in our half year 2008 report and proved to be a successful way of communicating our achievements in a simple and brief format.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery