- Time period
- January 2002 – December 2002
Fully integrated reporting in the Annual Report 2002 on economic, environmental and societal aspects of the company''s activities.
Increased transparency on board and management board remuneration.
Established targets on environmental and societal key indicators
Expanded external assurance to include societal aspects, environmental performance was included since 1996.
Established a global internal reporting process on societal key performance indicators.
Published targets on environmental and societal key performance indicators for 2003 and achievements in 2002.
Increased transparency on our access to medicines projects totaling 350 Mio CHF (250 Mio $) in 2002.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery