- Time period
- January 2007 – January 2008
Renault communicates with stakeholders on sustainability and implementation of the UN Global Compact''s principles through its Registration document 2007.
Sustainable Development is highly integrated within our Registration Document. Chapter 3 provides an extensive analysis of Renault's labour, employee relations, environmental and social performance. Chapter 4 details our Governance policy and organization and actions.
The parts indicated below emphasize the way we communicate on progress with our stakeholders :
- p.110 : Mention of the Company commitment to support the Global Compact and its ten principles.
p 216 & 217 : Description of our participation and support to the Global Compact and to the "Forum of Friends of the Global Compact", which is the French representative for the UN Global Compact office in New York.
- p.111-112 : Focuses on our main stakeholders and precisely mention how Renaults strongly encourages its suppliers to endorse and respect the Global Compact principles.
- p.121-123 : Table of our employee relations, environmental and societal objectives and their level of achievement.
- p.124-125 : Gives an overview of our CSR ratings by extra financial-rating agencies.
- p.269 : Statement of external independent auditors on our environmental data and indicators.
-p.272-274 : Crosstable of Global Compact Principle and Global Reporting Initiative Indicators:
- Principle 1 : p.89;90;91;111
- Principle 2 : p.89;111
- Principle 3 : p.89;90;91
- Principle 4 : p.89;91
- Principle 5 : p.89;91
- Principle 6 : p.84;88;90
- Principle 8 : p.63;64;95-102;107;264;266;267
- Principle 9 : p.63;64;96-102;107
Support to principle 10 is included in the Renault Good Code of Conduct
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery