- Time period
- January 2003 – December 2003
Pearson has prepared a report to describe its progress in implementing the commitments made by the company relating to the nine Global Compact Principles.
This is designed to help stakeholders understand which areas Pearson sees as its priorities and to encourage comment and input.
Pearson has been named market leader for the media sector in the 2003 Dow Jones World Sustainability Index for the second year running.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation