- Time period
- January 2003 – December 2003
The areas addressed in the various sections of the UPM-Kymmene Corporate Responsibilty Report 2003 include the areas of The Nine Principles. This is the second Corporate Responsibility Report covering environmental as well as social issues. Previously, UPM-Kymmene has published Environmental Reports annually since 1995 and the first CR Report for 2002.
The UPM-Kymmene Corporate Responsibilty Report 2003 is available in five languages - English, German, French, Finnish and Swedish - as a printed matter as well as at www.upm-kymmene.com. The target audiences of the Report include the personnel, customers, suppliers as well as other stakeholders interested in the issues covered in the Report.
A content comparison with the Princiles of the Global Compact can be foynd in page 76 of the Report. The company warmly welcomes any feedback the different stakeholders may wish to express on the Report.
The report for 2004 will be published in the spring of 2005.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery