- Time period
- January 2005 – December 2005
Aviva's support of the Global Compact principles are reflected in our existing company policies on Standards of Business Conduct, Human Rights, Environment and our suite of Workforce policies.
Annually we report on our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme progress, which incorporates our conformity with both our internal policies on CSR and the principles of the Global Compact.
Each year, Aviva's Group CEO highlights his personal, ongoing commitment to the Global Compact and Aviva's support of it, in his annual foreword to the company's CSR report.
Details of practical actions which Aviva and its group of businesses around the world have taken to implement the Global Compact principles can be seen in the relevant sections of our CSR report under the headings of Standards of Business Conduct, Environment, Workforce and Human Rights. This is viewable in both the printed summary report (also downloadable as a PDF) or in the full online CSR report.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery