- Time period
- January 2005 – December 2005
The EOLE project, based on the Louis Vuitton HEQ (High Environmental Quality) logistic platform, continued during 2005. This warehouse has been designed to comply with stringent French standard High Environmental Quality building (HQE in french). The initial objectives were exceeded. Seven of the fourteen HEQ targets were reached at a very performing level (instead of the four, initially planned):
1. Relation of the building to its immediate surroundings: significant landscaping development, easier access for pedestrians,
building orientation, etc.
2. Integrated choice of construction products, systems and processes: wood framing, COV (volatile organic compounds)-
free paint, etc.
3. Energy management: geothermy (corporate and administrative buildings), heating with high yield gas and low NOX, (warehouses and docks), etc.
4. Water management: "Zero discharge" objective for rain water, with filtration and recycling for the watering of green areas, waste water treatment through phyto-remediation, etc.
5. Maintenance and continuation of environmental performances: BTM (building technical management) integration,
6. Hygrothermal comfort.
7. Visual comfort.
Two other targets were reached at a performing level:
1. Management of waste produced by the activity,
2. Safe air quality.
In partnership with CSTB (Building Scientific and Technical Center), EOLE will contribute, together with other sites, to the construction of the HEQ Warehouse reference. The construction of the logistic platform will be completed at the end of 2006.
- Principles covered
- None reported