Virtusa Global Environment Day 2010
Internalization and Partnership Project
United States of America
Virtusa Corporation (NASDAQ: VRTU) is a global information technology (IT) services company providing IT consulting, technology and outsourcing services. Environmental accountability is an integral part of our corporate values. As a result, we have taken tangible steps to help protect our environment and make our work places eco-friendly, while maintaining or even improving cost efficiencies and service levels. By doing so, we hope to inspire our contractors, clients and other associates and lead by example.
The Virtusa Environment Day is an initiative to create awareness across all regions of operations, by uniting our employees to conserve the diversity of life on our planet and educating on the current status of environmental biodiversity.
Date: 4th June, 2010
Theme: Save Species. Save Planet. Save Future.
• Video and Art Competitions – Department based video competition and art competition for employees and children on the theme “Save Species. Save Planet. Save Future”.
• Photography competition on Flickr/Facebook – Photography competition open to public. Winners will receive a National Geographic branded binoculars, a set of documentary DVDs, t-shirts and caps.
• Carbon Calculator – A carbon calculator will be developed and installed on all Virtusa employee desktops across all our offices in US, UK, India and Sri Lanka and will help to create awareness on individual carbon contribution.
• Stalls/booths – Stalls/booths featuring environment-friendly products will be available as part of the Environment Day activities.
• Debates – Several rounds of debates are organized across our offices in US and Asia.