Case Story Details
Case Story Title
Remote sites - Rio Tinto in Madagascar
Case Story Date
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery
- Human Rights
Case Story Category
Countries of Impact
This case study focuses on Sodexo's ability to enter a new country in a rapid, reliable and professional manner.
Responsibility for the content of Case Stories and any other public communication related to the Global Compact principles and their implementation lies with participants themselves and not with the UN Global Compact Office.