Case Story Details
Case Story Title
New clause in framework contract invites compliance with the Global Compact
Case Story Date
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery
- Supply Chain Sustainability
Case Story Category
Countries of Impact
In a natural extension of its commitment, VINCIs new framework contract with suppliers has included a Global Compact compliance clause since February 2004.
The clause lists the 10 principles.
In addition, with a view to promoting the exchange of best practices between VINCI and its suppliers, the Purchasing Coordination has included a further commitment, asking suppliers to inform VINCI of:
- any request or action which, arising from the signed contract, is not consistent or compliant with the 10 principles;
- any initiative they take to promote or uphold the 10 principles as part of their business activity;
- any decision to participate in the GC.Since February 2004, VINCIs frameworks contracts with suppliers include this clause.
Responsibility for the content of Case Stories and any other public communication related to the Global Compact principles and their implementation lies with participants themselves and not with the UN Global Compact Office.