Case Story Details
Case Story Title
UNGC Case Study "Skanska Cooper River Bridge Project"
Case Story Date
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
Case Story Category
Countries of Impact
United States of America
This UNGC Case Study was prepared in 2010 by Duke University together with Skanska AB as part of the initative UNGC "The Environmental Stewardship Strategy (ESS)".
Responsibility for the content of Case Stories and any other public communication related to the Global Compact principles and their implementation lies with participants themselves and not with the UN Global Compact Office.