Case Story Details
Case Story Title
Remote sites - Manitoba Hydro in Canada
Case Story Date
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 4 - The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery.
- Human Rights
Case Story Category
Countries of Impact
This case study describes the on-site service solutions Sodexo offers to Manitoba Hydro for its Wuskwatim generating station construction project, in a joint-venture with the local Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation. It illustrates Sodexo's commitment to support aboriginal communities' development.
Responsibility for the content of Case Stories and any other public communication related to the Global Compact principles and their implementation lies with participants themselves and not with the UN Global Compact Office.